At 08:15 PM 4/8/2002, you wrote:
>O.k., why does replying to your post (which I read in Outlook Express) start
>up Eudora?  Is your post "newsgroup"-aware?  When I tried to reply to this
>in Eudora, it responded that there was a .DLL missing and GPF'd.

Well, if you simply "reply" to a message in OE, it will try and send an
email message.  If you "reply to group", it will post a news message.

One thing that folks should be aware of, the service I'm using is
specifically for gating mailing lists to news groups.  As such, they
require you to authenticate yourself before your post to a newsgroup /
mailing list is accepted.  It's not hard, all you have to do is respond to
a email message they send.  Very similar, in fact, to the way Mailman works
when you subscribe to a new list.

Try http://www.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm

>Does my ISP have to allow access to specific newsgroups?  (I thought I
>remembered that ISPs decide what newsgroups to allow into their
>network?????)

Not in this case ... the newsgroups are not carried by your ISP, but an
independent service.

david