Stephanie,

Since your device type is 3812, you can so some barcode and such;
however in the work I have done (now I could be missing something)
I have had to have my printers set-up as *IPDS, not just 3812 -
and that has required a special card alongside the "jet-direct" lan
card in order to do more advanced printing.  This also means that
the connection for me has been twin-ax, not cat-5.

I understand that there is now software to help you get around this,
and there could be other solutions, but in the past I have taken
the quick way that has worked previously and bought the card for
the printer so it can be a full *IPDS type printer.

This has worked well for HP, and we have purchased two Lexmark's
to do some other printer which will include font size variations,
we just went the route of purchasing ipds emulation cards for them.

Some feed-back from others on the list with regards to software
solutions could be beneficial to you (I do not know the pricing
structure, but I do know that emulation cards can easily cost $1,500 -
less if you do some bargain hunting)

HTH
Mark