David Morris wrote:

> It looks like there may be a symbolic link pointing back
> to itself. I can't duplicate or prove this, but that is the only
> explanation I can come up with. Anyone have any
> ideas on what may have gone wrong and how we
> clean this mess up?

Are you actually seeing increase disk usage because of this?  I ask
because I noticed the other day that our /QOpenSys contains a symlink to
itself.  I don't know how it got there.  We do have PASE installed,
though we're not actually using it at present.  But being a symbolic
link, the data shouldn't actually be reproduced (should it?).  I should
think it would be safe to remove the  link: anything that relied on it
would be seriously buggy.  Though I haven't actually removed ours yet...

FWIW, here's the relevant chunk of wrklnk '/QOpenSys/*' for our machine:

                             Work with Object Links

 Directory  . . . . :   /QOpenSys

 Type options, press Enter.

   2=Edit   3=Copy   4=Remove   5=Display   7=Rename   8=Display
attributes
   11=Change current directory ...

 Opt   Object link            Type             Attribute    Text

       Java                   DIR

       MeridianDocProblem >   DIR

       Meridian3_0            DIR

       MQ errors              DIR