Brad,

Sounds like you got a real WINNER here...!  Seems like a MUST have, for many
shops, for a very broad number of reasons (which can be summed up as:  MUCH
more EFFECTIVE backups).  Let me know if you're giving away units to beta
sites...!

Is your gear covered by IBM maintenance?  May be a hassle and/or expensive
to get, but that always increased my comfort level with 3rd party products.

Time to market is key, because as soon as you get even a whiff of success,
IBM'll come out with a product, and there goes your margins...  (Most shops,
in my experience, will prefer to pay "x" dollars more to get an IBM
product.)

I don't understand the last question because I don't know what OPTINST is.
If that's IBM code, IMHO, you would NOT want to modify it.

Finally, back to the subject of multi-volume processing, if you're a member
of PWD (I've lapsed), you can get more info on LIPI's here, under first
heading, "General Resources":
http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/resource.html.

jt