Brad,

Just a couple quick comments, inline...  Then work...:-(

jt

To me anyway, wouldn't matter as long as it was on IBM maint.

| Normally we have ours custom built be a local expert shop, we do
| that because we offer swapout maintenance, and the 'brand'names
| don't hold up[ as well. ( we don't use the cheap ....)

Sounds better still...!

| > Time to market is key, because as soon as you get even a whiff
| of success,
| > IBM'll come out with a product, and there goes your margins...
| (Most shops,
| > in my experience, will prefer to pay "x" dollars more to get an
| IBM
| > product.)
|
| January is my plan for betas, possibly sooner.

Mmmm...!

| > Finally, back to the subject of multi-volume processing, if
| you're a member
| > of PWD (I've lapsed), you can get more info on LIPI's here,
| under first
| > heading, "General Resources":
| > http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/resource.html.
|
| I never know what kind of IBM partner I am, they always change the
| plans right about the time I figure them out. I know I get PWD
| mailings all the time, and I joined at one point.

Knowwhatchamean...  Got some bad news for ya..  You need to re-up, 'cause
all former members get the "spam"...

YOU pay for the privilege of enhancing their product, now...  Even minimal
levels cost a minimial few hundred, IIRC...  (That was as of a year ago, and
I gave up trying to keep track of the weekly changes, myself...;-)  Max
levels were a few thousand, which isn't bad 'tall, really, for what you get.
It's just a lot of money if you don't have any revenues to offset it...