> Been following the ODBC thread, but not as close as I'd like.
But I notice
> you wrote "I also have another software companuy that has an
elearning LMS,
> also web based."
>
> Come again...?!?  LMS...?  (Yet ANOTHER TLA?!?...;-)  If you'll
pardon my
> French, I'm WTF? (which I am quite frequently).  I'm interested
in
> e-learning, though, so it piqued my interest.

Sorry, see Eufrates.com, with www.nalacampus.com for a sample of
how it works.

LMS= Learning Management System - course plus logon plus student
records plus pricing.

We use it for creating courses on our KaserVault system , it can
grab screen shots as part of the course witing.

The only way it is on topic here is I would like to see people
create courses for iSeries topics. I understand there are already
online courses out there. I'll  put up a public server for iSeries
courses if anyone wants to write them - and offer them for free or
for fee it doesn't matter to me.

Most of the few courses I have seen for the ISeries are really
expensive. Part of that is they are using very expensive ways of
creating and maintaining courses.

If anybody wants to write courses for the ISeries I'll show you
how to use the tool and I'll set up a elearning server to hgosts
them.

> BTW, you are way beyond me in a lot of your technical skills.

Yeah, but RPG still looks like Assembler for people with
masochistic tendencies to me.

>  But you sure
> know business, too.  The stuff below is fascinating, to me.
>
> > I wrote a distributed telemarketing and customer service
system
> > that uses voice modems to dial and record outgoing calls and
> > upload them over the web to attach to the prospecting
database, so
> > the sales rep or manager can review entire calls while the
caller
> > works from home over the web. You can pay the agents as
> > independent contractors and pay them by time on the phone
rather
> > than elapsed time.
> >
> > Every one of our public applications has to stand in the
> > marketplace against some very eager and rough competition.
That
> > adds an interesting dimension to the design and programming
cycle.

As I mentioned to someone else recently, I make money by being
useful to people.

I'm a child of the sixties - I've been through that
anti-big-business thing, and the suspicion of anyone who wants to
make a profit. What I've come to realize is that everyone wants to
make a profit - have their results compensate them for their
work - and a lot of those results are not money.