----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: RE: ODBC (was RE: Green screen - it's time is over )

> Oops.  That's ESC, Electronic Storage Corporation, not ECS, and
for the
> record, the product looks really nice.  The online demo was
pretty
> impressive.  Just thought I ought to get the name right.
>
> Joe

Yes, it is a nice product.

I've got something new that is a mini product, and also we are
offering it as a free service.

It is a PDF emailer for AS/400 users. We modified our Line Printer
Daemon and added PCL to PDF conversion and email to it. If you
have an AS/400 report (SCS or AFP) and you want to email it to
someone, you print it through the AS/400 LPR command to the
PDFMAILER and it converts it to PDF and emails it for you. You
specify the email address on the destination parameters. It
converts graphics and forms overlays also.

You use LPR from the AS/400 like this.

Remote system: PDFMAILER.ELSTORE.COM
Printer Queue: Public
Destination type: *OTHER
Transform SCS to ASCII: *YES
Manufacturer and type: *HP5

Addressing the email:

You use the Destination dependent parameters field to specify
the -To, -From, -Subject, and -Filename
properties.

To access Destination dependent parameters, use the F-10 key

The destination dependent parameters are specified as follows:

-TO=email@domain.com
-From=Email@domain.com
-Subject=Here+is+your+print+file (**use the + character in the
place of spaces***)
-FileName=Yourprintfile.pdf

Our public server is at pdfmailer.elstore.com.  We expect to leave
it running 24/7.

There is no cost to use it, you don't even have to tell us you are
using it.
If it gets popular I am going to put it on its own SDSL line.
Right now its on our T-1.

We are adding our name and web address to the email text (not the
attached PDF) as
the -sponsored by- with a product blurb.

I'm hoping most production users will want their own copy, of
course. But we are not going
to restrict anyone's use of it.  You can use it forever (as long
as it remains up, of course.)

The in-house version will have support for multiple printqs with
default email addresses so
you can attach it as a writer to an outq and send all sales
reports to the sales manager,
and compile listings to the programmer, for example.

If you use it and have anything you need to tell me, please do so
off list at brad@elstore.com