I've created a \\home\verisign directory, copied the cert.cer into it.
Using the browser, I start the Digital Certificate Manager, click System
Certificates, enter my password for the *SYSTEM store when prompted, click
Receive a system certificate, enter the path as /home/verisign/cert.cer.
The next screen says that the 'Certificate store password is not valid.'

I then restart my browser session, click on Digital Certificate Manager,
click System Certificates, enter my password for the *SYSTEM store, click
Change password, enter the New password and the confirmation - I enter the
same password as I used when prompted after System Certificates - the next
screen tells me that the 'New password is identical to the old password.'

I've repeated this several times, with the same results.  Why is my
password not valid when I'm attempting to receive the certificate?  I'm
certain that I've entered it correctly, so it must be invalid for some
other reason - but what other reason?  The job log doesn't give a clue,
nor does the history log.

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com
If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed... oh, wait
- he does.

"Haase, Justin C." <Justin.Haase@Kingland.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
09/21/01 04:41 PM