On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Brad Stone wrote:
> I've been messing around with some APIs.  I tried the
> QUSLMBR (list member) API.  Things work ok, except the last
> change date field seems to always be blank.
>
> I also tried the QUSRMBRD (retrieve member description) API
> and it was blank there too.

Hi Brad,

I use QUSRMBRD to retrieve the change date on source members frequently...
haven't had any problems.

Here's teh code that I use...  It was originally written under V3R2, but
I still use it without problems on V4R5:

P SrcChanged      B
D SrcChanged      PI            13P 0
D   peSrcFile                   10A   const
D   peSrcLib                    10A   const
D   peSrcMbr                    10A   const

D dsEC            DS
D  dsECBytesP             1      4I 0 Inz(256)
D  dsECBytesA             5      8I 0 Inz(0)
D  dsECMsgID              9     15
D  dsECReserv            16     16
D  dsECMsgDta            17    256

D RtvMbrD         PR                  ExtPgm('QUSRMBRD')
D   RcvVar                       1A
D   RcvVarLen                   10I 0 Const
D   Format                       8A   Const
D   QualDBF                     20A   Const
D   Member                      10A   Const
D   UseOvrDbf                    1A   Const
D   ErrorCode                    1A

D dsSM            ds
D   dsSMBytRtn                  10I 0
D   dsSMBytAvl                  10I 0
D   dsSMFilNam                  10A
D   dsSMFilLib                  10A
D   dsSMFilMbr                  10A
D   dsSMFilAtr                  10A
D   dsSMSrcTyp                  10A
D   dsSMCrtDat                  13A
D   dsSMChgDat                  13A
D   dsSMText                    50A
D   dsSMSrcFil                   1A

D wkReturn        s             13P 0

C                   callp     RtvMbrD(dsSM: %size(dsSM): 'MBRD0100':
C                             (peSrcFile+peSrcLib):peSrcMbr: '0': dsEC)

c                   if        dsECBytesA>0
c                   return    -1
c                   endif

c                   testn                   dsSMChgDat           99
c                   if        *in99 = *off
c                   return    -2
c                   endif

c                   move      dsSMChgDat    wkReturn
c                   return    wkReturn
P                 E