From: Schenck, Don <Don.Schenck@pfizer.com>

> Ouch!
>
> (I was, in fact, being sarcastic with the "ain't it great").
>
> Willing to tell what the app did?

See post to Bruce and also the following (private) post to Tim:

1) a Palm with a plug-in modem can dial up a telephone line.

2) on the other end of that line is a modem on an AS/400

3) the Palm application invokes the Palm FTP client to transfer a (number of)
Palm databases to the AS/400 as they are. That is: a pure binary transfer.

4) the AS/400 gets the Palm files, a program on the AS/400 translates the
Palm databases into AS/400 physical file members, processes them and possibly
constructs an AS/400 database file member as result. That member is converted
to a Palm database on the AS/400.

5) the Palm ftp client "gets" the resulting Palm database.

6) the whole ftp transfer is controlled by a small script on the Palm.

As I said, the whole thing turned out to be a lot less easy than everybody
said (oh, the Palm is easy, the Palm is cool, piece of cake, etc, etc)