(Leif breaks the mold and asks a tech question)

I would look at a later model 170 as a better choice, if you are
not married to the LPAR thingy.... Some of the smaller and older
170's can be had for a song and a dance. The biggest requirement
on V5R1 appears to be memory and DASD minimums, so you will need
a 170 that can be juiced up from that angle. I guess by the time
they get V5R2 out, it will require a TB of memory to just IPL.

The CFINT problem doesn't really show up until you move to the
270 series.