From: Samantha L Smith [mailto:ssmith79@csc.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 7:17 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: AS400 Storage Article

Hi there,
We have a customer, relatively new to iseries, with a very critical eye,
who had 8/9 disks fail between Jan and August.
At this point the customer was ready to pack their bags, and to appease the
situation and as a gesture of good will, IBM came out and replaced
EVERYdisk, and then the system was reloaded.
 I'm not sure if this is applicable to your article, as we had a controlled
system reload, following disk replacement, there was not a failing disk at
the time.
Prior to the reload a full DR was invoked, to validated the backups.
There have not been any subsequent incidents.

Do you want me to phone you, or is this sufficient?

Sam

David Breisacher <DBreisacher@bcctech.com>@midrange.com on 16/08/2001
11:44:11

Please respond to midrange-l@midrange.com