hello....
We have 3 iseries ( v4r5).
2 are of model 820 and 1 is 270.

We have them for about 6 months now.
270 machine has 4 disks in parity while 820s have 6 disks.

There has been no problem in 270 machine till date but 1 particular 820
machine has got disk changed 2 times till now.
Thankfully , the IBM people here have been quick  enough to change disk
each time 1 disk failed and we have not had a system crash.
However , i have noted that in the other 820 model , similar message of
failure comes for 2-3 hours and then that message   stops coming i.e. the
machine keeps running after that . VERY SCARY I KNOW.
Some PTF have been applied but IBM says some more will be put in.

Is there something i can do apart from pursuing the IBM people.

Santosh.
 Signature......................

e- mail at :  santoshp@lot.tatasteel.com
ITS, Tata Steel.
Jamshedpur, India.
Tel : 842134 (O) , 200279 (R).

                    David Breisacher

                    <DBreisacher@bcctec        To:
"'midrange-l@midrange.com'"
                    h.com>                     <midrange-l@midrange.com>

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    midrange-l-admin@mi        Subject:     AS400 Storage
Article
                    drange.com

                    08/16/01 04:14 PM

                    Please respond to

                    midrange-l

I am working on an article with Information Week on  AS400 (iSeries)
storage. We are looking for a customer that has recently had a  disk
failure that required a system reload. Please email me or call me off-list
to discuss your situation.

I can be reached at 800.598.9910 ext 37 or send your  email to
dave@bcctech.com

Regards,

David Breisacher
CEO/Chairman - BCC Technologies, Inc.