Paul,

The *DFTROUTE is 10.0.0.254 since that is the router that is on the same lan as
the AS/400. The 10.2.0.254 router is on the remote lan as seen from the AS/400
end of things.

Alistair,

The printer is defined as a lan printer by:

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(WDPR10971)
          DEVCLS(*LAN)
          TYPE(3812)
          MODEL(1)
          LANATTACH(*IP)
          PORT(9100)
          FONT(11)
          TRANSFORM(*YES)
          MFRTYPMDL(*HP4000)
          RMTLOCNAME('10.2.1.97')
          SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV)
         TEXT('FWD Data Collections Laser')

It can not be DEVCLS(*RMT) since it is not connected to a remote workstation
controller.

As part of trying to figure this out I did try using a remote outq and it
worked. However I need the functions of CRTDEVPRT. I've also tried adding a name
to the host table and using that in the DEVD and OUTQD with no difference.

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte *** www.vicker.com
***