We have just done migrations of our production systems to our 2 LPAR 740's.  We
used our DR plan as the basic plan.  We moved 7 systems this way.

Bruce Barrett
pmi Mortgage Insurance Co.
Systems Consultant
601 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
415-291-6152
415-393-6412 FAX

>>> oliver.wenzel@cibavision.novartis.com 08/12/01 04:03AM >>>
Hello,

as I'm sitting here waiting for the PTFs to install I'm wondering how good
everybody's disaster recovery plans are?

We had to do a complete system reload on monday due to the crash of a
mirrored disk pair. The call to IBM went
out on monday morning 7am and were finished with the reload on wednesday
morning 2am.

Have you ever had to do a complete reload? How did it go? What kind of
backup do you do? Journalling?

We were very lucky that the crash happened on a sunday evening. Friday night
backup had gone well and no jobs
were running on the weekend (except some reorgs). So we had a clean
database...

Good luck

Oliver