  • Subject: RE: DASD problems
  • From: Ian Scotson <IanS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:34:05 +1000

Joe,

Welcome to the new world of Systems Admin!!

Yep - as you might have seen in these threads,
these newish drives are causing GREAT problems.
I've had 3 go in 4 mths.

I'd replace ASAP before another goes.
1. GOT recent FULL system backups? IF not, better
do it now!!
2. Use SST to look for TEMP errors (STRSST)
3. Apply latest CUM tapes, HYPER Ptf's
and DASD group PTF's for your release.
4. On your kness and pray.

PS. Good luck.