  • Subject: RE: No 5250-based applications
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:59:33 -0500

We replace one system from a MS Access system to a 5250 system.  The person
who set up the Access system set up a lousy database design.  No
referential integrity, lookups or whatnot.  No standard code tables.
Reporting became difficult to impossible.  This fellow, while a nice guy,
with years and years of 400 experience, should have done better.

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    "John Taylor"

                    <john.taylor@telusp        To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    lanet.net>                 cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     RE: No 5250-based
applications
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    04/26/01 09:36 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Jim,

I have those same users!!! :)

I've NEVER heard a single one ask me to convert a GUI screen to 5250, but
I've heard plenty of them ask if we can take their application off the
"stupid old system". Not that I agree with their assessment of my beloved
400, but that's the way it is.

Having said that, I also haven't heard a single one ask me to replace their
GUI with a browser.

John Taylor
Canada

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.