  • Subject: Re: SQL Fetch causes jjob message queue overflow
  • From: "Alexei Pytel" <pytel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:55:50 -0500

SQL normally do not send messages in a job log.
If you see messages, it means that SQL is running in debug mode.
Debug mode is turned on by one of two ways:
     - obvious - STRDBG
     - less obvious - by a setting in QAQQINI file
I bet somebody set debug mode in QAQQINI file (probably in QUSRSYS) and now
everybody's SQL runs in debug mode.

    Alexei Pytel

                    "William Washington

                    III"                      To:     <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>

                    <w.washington3@star       cc:

                    band.net>                 Subject:     SQL Fetch causes
jjob message queue
                    Sent by:                   overflow

                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    04/26/2001 07:14 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Hi All,

I have an interactive program that uses SQL FETCH statement to read
records.  Even though the SQLCOD is zero (i.e., ends normally,) it puts a
message on the job message queue.  The message is SQL7963 - Fetch 1 record

How do I prevent the informational/completion message from generating in my
job message queue (and job log)?  It kills my session once a certain number
of messages has been sent.

Thanks in advance...

William

William Washington III