  • Subject: Download to Win NT Server
  • From: Frank Kolmann <FKolmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 12 Jul 00 13:13:18 EST

We have an AS400 on a Novell Network using Client Access  TCP/IP comms.  Also
on the network is a Windows NT Server PC.
I can issue RUNRMTCMD from the AS400 to execute .BAT files on the PC.
I have set up an I:\ on the NT PC accessing QDLS as a shared folder.
The .BAT code can access the I:\ if I run the program from Windows or a PC
command line, this is set up to reconnect at Logon.
The Client Access Default User is defined and is the User Profile used when
reconnecting.
I cannot access I:\  when I run the same .BAT file via RUNRMTCMD on the AS400.
I have set the NT registery entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client
Access\CurrentVERSION\Internal_Components\Security\ShareNetwork
to a 1.
I have also tried a Client Access API LOGON AS User from

http://www.as400.ibm.com/clientaccess/caNTSched.htm

Quote.
' The more elegant solution involves the Client Access API cwbSY_LogonUser.
The description of the API follows below, but is also in cwbsy.h that is
within ...\Client Access\Toolkit\Include. (You need to install the Toolkit
optional component on your PC to get this file. Toolkit only needs to be
installed on the developer's PC, not the end user's.) There is a sample
program that uses cwbSY_LogonUser that is available at the Client Access
Developers Corner web page. '

The LOGONUSR [USERID] [PASSWORD] [SYSTEM NAME]  API that
I downloaded from the above site rejected the User ID.
I downloaded the Programs to the NT system32 directory.

I included the LOGONUSR command in the .BAT program
Just before I do the COPY I:\QDLS\DATA\FILE.D C:\file.d
I get an 'Access is denied', on the COPY.

Anyone with some info is much appreciated.