  • Subject: RE: Notice: False Review on Amazon.com of e-RPG book
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:58:38 -0500

> Just to play devils advocate here....

I guess I do it too.  :)  It's fun.

> How do you know there isn't another Al Barsa?  I know of
> two...  Al and Al
> Jr.  (maybe three... isn't his son Albert, the third?)
> They're all on one
> side of the country (east).  It isn't from Al Jr. is it?
> Then maybe... in
> this vast country of ours...

Amazon.com has said they are going to investigate.  But, they agreed that
the review was worthless because it didn't even explain why it was a bad
book in their view.  If the name wasn't Al Barsa, and would have been Jim
Smith (someone I don't know), I wouldn't have even bothered.

> Second, how big of an ego do you need to think that such a
> review is not
> valid?  While I have not read the book, the idea that just
> because you *can*
> do something in RPG, does not mean that you *should* do it in RPG.

It has nothing to do with ego.  Like I said, if it was a no name person,
then I wouldn't have even bothered.  But, because it was the name Al Barsa,
I immediately thought the worst and questioned Al to explain what he wrote
(but really didn't).

To tell you the truth, I would love to talk with the person who posted it to
see what they meant by the comments.  They don't make sense.  But I won't
get into that, because anyone should be able to see it was just a desperate
attempt at slamming the book/concept.

If you want to debate the comments made, I'd be happy to, but probably
should make a new thread for it.  (and will be an easy debate because
whoever posted obviously has never done any e-commerce except maybe hello
world).

> You just assume that this is a joke, that it is FALSE, and
> then you want
> someone's *opinion* to be quashed.  Someone, by your own
> admission, you have
> NOT been in contact with.  You called the Al you know...

I know it's not "the" Al Barsa who posted it.  Again, Amazon.com will
confirm if it was another Al Barsa (by chance).

Brad