We have over 3,000 users and have split them up between 4 sbs it helps out.
It is all done with the wrk station entries

Stan Wilburn <stan.wilburn@rhtelco.com>@midrange.com on 05/11/2000 08:24:50
AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-midrange-l@midrange.com

To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
cc:
Subject:  RE: QINTER subsystem locking up

Clive,

Can you explain how you did this? I have tried this and cannot get sessions
to show up in the new interactive subsystem because QINTER has *all in the
workstation type entries. How did you get around this? Thanks in advance.

At 02:21 PM 5/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>       I have come across a similar problem, unexplained seizure of QINTER
and
>various other problems. The way I worked around this problem was to create
>multiple QINTER subsystems as QINTERVxxx which are clones of QINTER. In
each
>of these subsystems I have Device name entries for QPADEV000*, QPADEV001*,
>QPADEV002* e.t.c i.e QINTERV001 has QPADEV001 to QPADEV009 access. This
has
>allowed us to load balance and if problems occur (Which they have not
since)
>then it only affects 10 users at a time. It has other benefits too i.e.
the
>subsystems start a LOT quicker....
>
>       Hope this helps,
>
>Regards,
>
>Clive Griffiths.

I'm
>fully up to date with group PTFs and CumPTF level.
>
>I am running a 510-2143, V4R3 system, 768MB memory (*INTERACT has
378000K).
>There are no twinax devices, they are all client access and QPADEV*
sessions
>(160 ish of them).
>
>I have worked on the problem with Assist/400, but other than PTFs, I got
no
>fix.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this infuriating problem, and got a fix ?
>
>Kind regards,
>Jeff Bull.
>Senior AS/400 Support Consultant (AS/400)
>Midas Kapiti International Ltd
>
>Tel:   44 (0) 175 370 8224
>Fax:   44 (0) 175 357 0233
>Email: Jeff.Bull@Midas-Kapiti.Com  << == Replies to
>The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are the senders own and do
>not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Misys Plc.
>
>This email message is intended for the named recipient only.  It may be
>privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the intended named
recipient
>of this email then you should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor
>disclose its contents to any other person.  You should contact
Midas-Kapiti

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.

david@midrange.com
>+---