  • Subject: Re: US prices on model 150
  • From: dhandy@xxxxxxxxxxx (Douglas Handy)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:47:20 -0400

Richard,

>The Model 150 was always sold with a transferable O/S.

Thanks, I stand corrected.  (Can I sit down now?)  I verified
announcement letter 296-416, dated October 29, 1996, and it does
indeed say:

"To simplify ordering, software products will be
licensed with fully transferable International Program License
Agreements for use on the Advanced Entry Model 150 only."

This was with V3R7 at the time.  I (obviously) never realized before
that anything prior to V4Rx was transferrable.  Of course, the 150
also had the problem of not being part of software subscription.

I could not confirm whether the 150 is supposed to be able to support
V4 with only 32MB.  When it switched to being shipped with V4R1, the
base memory was 64MB (letters 297-298 and 197-172), but in one of the
letters where it talked about V3R7 to V4R1 upgrades it only mentioned
that you need at least 500MB of free disk space available and made no
reference to memory requirements.

The regular V4R1 announcements did say 64MB was a prerequisite, but
perhaps that is relaxed for the model 150 too?

Mea culpa.