  • Subject: Re: Delete Records -File Re-org
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James W Kilgore)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:07:30 -0800

Rob,

This is something every 24/7/365 shop should use in their tool kit.

For the rest of the shops, the cost of down time for an idle machine is
$0.

Most, not all, of the shops I work with are shut down one day per week.
During that day we RGZPFM, by key, the most active files, not to save
space, but to improve response time.

On the three day weekends (there's 8 per year) we RGZPFM the million+
record files for the same reason.