  • Subject: RE: DB2/400 UDB Connection to Oracle
  • From: Jim Knight <jknight@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:44:34 -0800

Bleddyn,
If you are coming from NT, I believe Oracle uses ODBC for the
connection.  If you are coming from a RS/6000, you can use the
Oracle gateway for AS/400, as long as you are doing data
retrieval.  You set up a private or public database link to the 400
and SQL statements are resolved on the 400 and data returned.   \
If you are looking for a REPCAT function for data replication,
you'll need to look at Data Mirror, MIMIX, or Vision.
Jim K