  • Subject: RE: RTFM (was: CPYF behavior)
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:14:52 -0800

I like paper too, but one thing that improves the performance of the CD
manuals tremendously is copying the whole damned thing to a network (or
local hard drive.)  Ours are in an IFS directory.  I wouldn't call the
performance breathtaking, but it's faster than InfoSeeker or trying to read
from the CD.  'Course there's still Book Manager, fine Win3.1 technology
that it is.