  • Subject: Mapping problem in V4R4 Express CA
  • From: "Jaladi Ravi Kiran, Gurgaon" <jaladirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:19:27 +0530

Hi,

Am facing the problem of Mapping to the shared folders that are available in
the NetServer.I could see the NetServer in my network but when I click on it
, it asks for the Password, Previously when I first try to install this I
faced this Problem and later it was rectified after giving the Guest user
profile name in the Advance Option of NetServer Properties. At that time I
just checked this in 2 to 3 Pc's and it was working fine.

But today when I was trying to setup in rest of the PC's ( try to map the
Folder 'Books' on as/400 for using  the IBM Book manager) it's asks for the
"supply of the Password" the window it asks, shows the Netserver as
"Resource : //Netserver name/IPC$ " and below this Password prompt.

And the interesting thing is, From my PC and some other PC in which I had
configured earlier can able to map the netserver and also shows the Folders
inside it when I double Click the NetServer.

Can any one help me what's the Problem with the Rest of the PC's. I had
checked the TCP/IP properties of the PC's that with the Working PC's (my PC)
everything seems to be OK.

Has anyone faced this problem? Please give me some help.

Yours truly,
Ravi

application/ms-tnef