  • Subject: tip for all the US based people - $500 7 x AS400 Model 2130 Server f/s at egghead
  • From: "D Bulog" <d2ba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:00:22 +1300

Here is a great tip for all the US based people on this list.For around $600
you can get one of these--pity Egghead does not ship outside US
Dave
 http://www.egghead.com/category/Servers.htm

 IBM AS400 Model 2130 Server w/ RSP 12.3, RISC-Based CPU, 4GB (Total) HD,
2.5GB Tape Drive
Sale Status: Open
Maximum Suggested Bid $9,000.00
Starting Bid per Unit $1.00
Bid Increment $10.00
Quantity Available 7
Current Bid Range $191.00-$541.00
Sales Format Yankee Auction
Auction Closes at or after Wed Dec 15, 1999 12:30 pm PST
Last Bid Received at Mon Dec 13, 1999 7:52 pm PST
Lot Number 2301430

Win a Palm V !
More Information:

Product Information
 Warranty
 Sales Policies
 Shipping & Handling

 Current High Bidders

Bidder  Date  Bid  Qty   Comment
1. RG of Atlanta, GA, USA Mon Dec 13, 7:52 pm $541.00 4
2. CD of Plano, TX, USA Mon Dec 13, 4:51 pm $201.00 1
3. DP of Saginaw, MI, USA Mon Dec 13, 7:33 pm $201.00 1
4. SR of Mount Pleasant, MI, USA Mon Dec 13, 3:46 pm $191.00 1 out of 7

 This bid was placed using Bid Watch®.

Product Information Back to Top

IBM AS400 Model 2130 Server with RSP 12.3
RISC-Based Processor, 4GB Total Hard Drive,
2.5GB QIC Tape Back-Up

Manufacturer's Model # : 9402-400 2130
This product is refurbished.
Monitor is not included.
This product will be shipped via Fed-Ex.

AT A GLANCE...

12.3 RSP, RISC-Based Processor
4GB Total Hard Drive
2.5GB QIC Tape Back-Up Drive
Server Tower Case
What makes AS/400 so popular? It's the most powerful and versatile server
you can buy to run your business, yet it's so reliable and easy to use that
you hardly ever have to think about it. It's a constantly evolving system
that keeps incorporating all the latest technologies, yet it never forces
you to replace the applications you rely on. It runs the largest portfolio
of applications in the world, including Java, Windows NT applications, and
over 30,000 solutions designed specifically for the system. What's more, it
runs them with greater scalability and at a lower cost than its competitors.

SPECIFICATIONS

9402 Model 400 Processor
 2130

Relative System Performance (CPW Value) 1
 Version 3 Release 6: 12.3

Relative System Performance (CPW Value) 1
 Version 3 Release 7: 13.8

Relative System Performance (CPW Value) 1
 Version 4: 13.8

Relative System Performance (RAMP-C) 2
 4.1

Main Storage (MB)
 32-160

Disk Storage (GB)
 (Maximum) V3R6: 23.6
(Maximum) V3R7 and later: 50.3

Maximum Number of Workstations

 Twinax: 280
ASCII: 126
LocalTalk: 217

Communication Lines (Maximum)
 20

LAN Adapters (Maximum)
 2 5

ATM Adapters (Maximum)
 1

Available Card Slots (for I/O Adapters)
 6

Number of System I/O Buses
 1

Processor Group
 P05

SHIPPING EXCEPTION

Due to the weight and size of this product, an additional surcharge may be
applied to the shipping cost below to all shipments with remote destinations
(to be determined by zip codes). Please contact the vendor, Verified
Systems, for more details.

Warranty Back to Top
This product is refurbished and includes the following warranty:

Warranty Length: This product comes with a 60-day warranty.
Coverage: Warranty covers repair or replacement of a defective product.
Provider: This warranty is provided by Verified System Solutions.
Contact: Should you require warranty service, please call Verified System
Solutions at 1-888-4-VERIFIED.
Technical Support: Please call Verified System Solutions at
1-888-4-VERIFIED.
Additional Information: All sales through Onsale auctions are final.
Returned orders, if accepted, are subject to a 15% restocking fee plus
applicable shipping cost. Warranty does not cover misuse or mishandling of
equipment and user-installed parts. Shortages, missing or damaged items must
be reported to Verified System Solutions within 2 days of receipt. Shipping
costs are non-refundable. Address corrections made after the product has
been shipped will be charged $20.00 fee per box. All returns must have RMA#
by Verified System Solutions prior to shipping. This RMA # must be written
on the outside of the box/es. Any unauthorized RMA will not be accepted and
will be returned/refused to the sender at his/her expense. Purchaser is
liable for all shipping costs including, initial freight cost, and all
merchandise returned to Verified System Solutions for exchange or warranty
repairs. Non-defective products are subject to a 15% fee.

Sales Policies Back to Top
Billed by:
Egghead.com
1350 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Optima, American Express

Sales tax charged on items shipped to: California, Michigan, Washington,
North Carolina

Sales policy:

egghead.com stands behind every product we sell. If we have made an error,
we will correct it. Most products are covered under a warranty, which is
detailed above.

Defective Products and Missing Parts
Contact the warranty service provider listed above for defective products
and missing parts. If, after contacting the warranty service provider, the
product has not been repaired to your satisfaction, egghead.com will work
with you to obtain an appropriate resolution. In this event, please submit a
Customer Service Request.

Overdue Delivery
Check the status of your shipment on the Bids, Orders, and Shipping page. If
your shipment is overdue, please submit a Customer Service Request.

All Other Claims
Submit a Customer Service Request directly to egghead.com within seven days
of receipt of order for the following:

Product not as advertised
Wrong quantity shipped
Wrong item shipped
Freight damage
Incorrect shipping charge

Shipping & Handling Back to Top
Shipped by Verified System Solutions
Order processing time 3 business days (M-F)*

* From auction close to shipment, contingent on credit card approval.

Shipping Destination Cost Per Unit (US$)
United States (Alaska and Hawaii may be higher)  $135.00

No other destinations are currently supported.

To obtain a tracking number for your shipment, please check our Bids, Orders
and Shipping page after your product has shipped.

222851 - 2410 Last Updated: Monday December 13, 1999 7:52:56 pm PST

Copyright© 1995-99 egghead.com All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices