  • Subject: Re: SQL Cursor Questions
  • From: "David Morris" <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:48:36 -0700

NC,

I have tried various techniques to provide this functionality.  On a large
file,
(over about 5000 records) two cursors seems to work best.  I open the forward
cursor first and the prior cursor if necessary.  On a reposition I close the
cursors and start over.  On a smaller file a single cursor with a scan works
pretty well.  The open(s) and scan are pretty easy to encapsulate in an SQL
sub-procedure.  I can point you to some examples if you are interested.

David Morris

>>> ncsmith@gate.net 11/18/99 08:37PM >>>