  • Subject: RE: MSF Chokes under load
  • From: Chris Bipes <rpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:58:09 -0800

Want a nether good one.  I will send a source member from one as400 to two
other as400s.  I send from qpgmr systema to ((qpgmr systemb) (qpgmr
systemc)).  Now some times I get the response that they were received and
sometimes not.  The target systems received the file from qpgmr system~a or
some other weird character.  SNADS records a distribution error that the
message cannot be sent to qpgmr system~a.  Gee I wonder why. <BG>  Some
times no problem some times problem.  The file is always received ok.
Generally both target systems get the error or both go ok.  I never had one
get it write and the other error.  We have all the lasted cums installed.
Still happens after an IPL.  One system is attached via LAN and the other
using a V.35 and leased line.  System activity does not seem to matter.
This has been going on for a couple of years.  I reported it once, but as I
mentioned, the files arrive in tack so I just don't care.  Tomorrow we move
from V3R7 to V4R3 and two weeks later, 510-2143 to 720-????.  Maybe it will
go away.  Any one else seen this type of behavior?

Christopher K. Bipes     mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst   mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.                 http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive    Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928   Fax: 707 586-1884