  • Subject: RE: 4 - subfiles
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:18:42 -0500

Booth,
An interesting question!  I'd personally use a single "load a page at a
time" expanding subfile and clear it between the different presentations;
they'll only get charged for the records they actually read.

Looking beyond my own biases <grin> how about writing 4 separate programs
(one for each presentation) using the same display file, sharing the "load
the subfile" code via an ILE module or a /COPY.  The separate programs will
give separate persistent storage with LR off; you can tie them all together
with a simple driver program.

eval CleanUpAndExit = 'N'
CALL DefaultView (CleanUpAndExit: WhichKeyDidTheyPress)
   When WhichKeyDidTheyPress = 'LASTNAME'
      CALL LastNameView (CleanUpAndExit: WhichKeyDidTheyPress)
   When WhichKeyDidTheyPress = FIRSTNAME'
      CALL FirstNameView (CleanUpAndExit: WhichKeyDidTheyPress)
   When WhichKeyDidTheyPress = 'ExitApplication'
      eval CleanUpAndExit = 'Y'
      CALL LastNameView (CleanUpAndExit: WhichKeyDidTheyPress)
      CALL FirstNameView (CleanUpAndExit: WhichKeyDidTheyPress)
   Other
      CALL DefaultView (CleanUpAndExit: WhichKeyDidTheyPress)

Talk about tilting at windmills...  I figure I'll see a lot of "You are a
Very Dim Bulb" mail over this post.  Another "philosophical" thread.

Buck Calabro