  • Subject: Re: TCP Telnet Startup quirks
  • From: "Brad Felber" <poprpg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:30:57 -0500

> I am experiencing similiar TELNET startup problems on V4R2 and V4R3.
> STRTCPSVR *ALL starts telnet as expected but it starts POP server and
other
> servers we do not use (yet).

You can STRTCPSVR *TELNET
               STRTCPSVR *SMTP
               STRTCPSVR *POP   (Things like this)

Or the "recommended" way to do it, Change the attributes of the TCP servers
you want to start to autostart *yes  e.g. CHGTELNA AUTOSTART(*YES)  and make
sure all the ones you don't want to start as AUTOSTART(*NO).  This makes it
so then you run STRTCP it starts all the servers that have their AUTOSTART
set to *YES

Brad Felber
bradf@csepromo.com
CSE, Inc.