Hi Chuck,
in our organisation we also use HP-compatible printers (HP 4000, HP Laser
III, Lexmark 4039 ff, ...) attached on IBM3487-workstations with default
parameter setup: second setup screen: all parameters SYSTEM, except ATTN=NO.
Printer type in the offline definition is HP LaserJet III. The only thing is
autoconfigure of AS/400 (V4R1M0) sees the emulation type as 5219 (might be a
little bug ;-)); therefore we copy the device to a 3812-devicetype. Because
of the ATTN=NO, AS/400 does not ask the Workstation, if the fonttype is
available.

HTH