• Subject: Two programs, one display file
  • From: "Goodbar, Loyd (AFS-Water Valley)" <LGoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:28:13 -0400

I have a display file that's used between a CL program and a RPG program.
I'm using FRCDTA to update the screen immediately (it's a status screen) -
both programs update this screen. My problem is, when I pass control from
the CL program to RPG, the screen clears, and the CL's messages disappear
from the display. I've tried using KEEP, ASSUME, and OVERLAY in the record
format to preserve this information. I know there's a way, but it's eluded
me so far...