A quick lesson in SQL is a tall order indeed!  SQL comes in a couple of
flavours; maybe we can try to zoom in on the exact trouble by finding out
what the prior employee did.  First, do a DSPOBJD on the compiled SQL's and
find out what sort of objects they are.  If they are type *PGM, then perhaps
you're looking at an RPG program with embedded SQL.  You should be able to
look at the program and find out what's missing.  If the object type is
*QMQRY, then you're looking at a Query Management object.  Source should be
in a file called QQMQRYSRC and you compile it with the CRTQMQRY command.

Let us know what sort of objects you're looking at, and the exact
error/problem and we can take the next steps.

Buck Calabro
Billing Concepts Albany, NY