  • Subject: RE: VARLEN field... what good are they?
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:55:40 -0400

It wouldn't be the first time I had things backwards!  :-)  Your example
makes it very clear.  I was thinking that you had VARLEN(31000) specified.
For those following this thread, there's one other thing you need to handle
variable length character fields: specify CVTOPT(*VARCHAR) either on your H
spec or on the actual CRTBNDRPG command.

Buck Calabro
Billing Concepts, Albany NY