  • Subject: Re: Upgrade Charges - PLEASE READ !!!
  • From: Tim Hamm <tmhamm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 07:37:31 -0700 (PDT)

As I understand it, IBM refers to this issue as
"charges for skip ship products".  As Nina states V3R7
and V4R1 were apparently similar, and V4R2 had the
major changes.  I'm seeing a few of these scenarios
where customers thought the Software Subscription
meant no charges anymore for software upgrades,
regardless of where they are at from a vesion
standpoint.  As you have found out, this is not
necessarily the case.  As long as the customer is at
V4R2 or later, Software Subscription should behave as
marketed.  I would recommend you double check the list
of eligible products to make sure all of your
installed licensed products are covered under Software
Subscription.  Even though most of them are eligible,
it could be anther area of future surprises.

HTH,

T. Hamm
Arbor Solutions, Inc