Mainframe to AS/400 printing

  • Subject: Mainframe to AS/400 printing
  • From: Mark Sweeney <MSweeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:23:42 -0400

fixed

                I have 2 AS/400 and an IBM mainframe(s390) locally and a
remote IBM mainframe. We have 2210 routers and a Xerox laser printer, run
both token ring and Ethernet and all talk to each other. My question is
this. Can I pass AS400 print jobs to the mainframes and vise versa. The
remote mainframe runs VM, VSE, MVS and AFP to a Xerox printer. Locally we
run on the mainframe VM, VSE to Xerox printer. AS400 run 4.1.0.
                We also have  SNA server in the network which currently is
able to print both 400 and local mainframe printouts.
                Your help and comments would be appreciated.

                Mark Sweeney
                ISD Tech Support
                101 Friendship St.
                Providence, RI 02903