• Subject: Re: Disabling AS/400 File Access from Explorer
  • From: "S.A. Centea" <acentea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your information and invitation. Still, I'm
located in Montreal and cannot be in Chicago this

You're right talking about applications based only on
menu driven security. Trying to remove rights from
thousands of files inside an application only to
secure them from viewers and transfers is a pain,
nobody would love it.

Though, maybe we're talking about two issues here.

I tried you first approach, disabled QPWFSERVER *AUTL
(with public *EXCLUDE), then logged off and on with an
ordinary USRPRF and still could spy any file from my
NT station, via the path :

Windows Neighborhood
   AS/400 System
         Any other library
             Any other file

Does the QPWFSERVER manage only some accesses ? For me
it did nothing.

Andrei Centea
Canadelle Inc - Sara Lee Corp.
Do You Yahoo!?