• Subject: Re: New 720 HW Failures
  • From: "S.A. Centea" <acentea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 09:59:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Goins, Kirk      : CO IR" <KGoins@lhs.org> wrote:
> We recently(5/2) upgraded from a 1way 620 to a 4way
> 720 ( ... ) Has anyone heard of similar problems?
> Kirk Goins
> Systems Administrator

We did an upgrade from a 620 to a 2 way 720, also
adding 100 GB more DASD. We had the following

- the upgrade went bad for two week-ends, CPU wise,
having a SRC code as soon as the new cards were
installed. To keep production alive, old CPU was used
for two weeks.

- the third weekend Rochester itself visited us and
solved the problem, related to a cable from the
original frame to the disk extension unit, not
compatible with the new CPUs.

The rest was OK, including a smooth prior upgrade to

Andrei Centea
Canadelle Inc - Sara Lee Corp.
Do You Yahoo!?