RE: RISC to CISC

fixed

At 05:12 PM 5/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Al,
>       So what your saying is I save this library to TGTRLS V3R2 and when
>the client restores it on their machine, it will covert the objects to CISC
>format?
>The question now is: Do I need to recompile these objects before the SAVLIB
>or just do a SAVLIB/TGTRLS V3R2 and the CISC machine will recompile
>automatically?

Given that all the defaults are set properly, they programs first had to be
compiled on or before V3R2, of recompiled now with the parameter
TGTRLS(V3R2M0).

Note that the tape drive will stop after each program restore, as they are
reencapsulated, and you have no control over this.

Al

| Please do not send private mail to this address. |
| Private mail should go to barsa@ibm.net.         |

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390