Alex!

I will take a look at AnyNet, but actually what I want is "pure" SNA, not
SNA over TCP/IP.

Benjamin Budai

"Alex Moore" <alexm@ellishosiery.com> on 99/05/13 12:38:58

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Benjámin Budai/InterComputer)

Subject:  RE: APPN config

Enabling AnyNet allows you to use SNA over TCP/IP.  There is a redbook that
goes in to some detail about this.  Basically, in you
system network attributes on both systems, you need to change a flag to
"Allow AnyNet = Y".  Create the proper APPC controllers on
both machines to talk to each other.  There is a specific TCP/IP host table
entry that is needed - ends in "...sna.ibm.com" I
believe.  Works fine.  I've seen messages regarding AnyNet's poor
performance, however I have not experienced that.  If you need
more specifics, I can dig them up.

Alex A. Moore ~ CIO
Ellis Hosiery Mills, Inc.
alexm@ellishosiery.com <mailto:alexm@ellishosiery.com>

> I have a very simple question: what configuration steps are needed to
> setting up APPN between two AS/400s in a LAN environment (Ethernet)? I
set
> up the line descriptions, and TCP/IP is working, but would like to use
SNA