ILE RPG & variable length fields

  • Subject: ILE RPG & variable length fields
  • From: Jim Franz <franz99@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 23:34:35 -0400

fixed

I am trying my 1st with variable length fields, but having problems if a
variable length field is a key field, even a key field within a logical
view. Is this possible? I'd like to setll & read on a logical, where the
var len might be the 1st key field. Appreciate any help. jim

(sorry for a previous response I sent, I think my e-mail quoted a whole
afternoon's worth of q&a).

+---