  • Subject: Re: Timeslice/purge settings was: Suppress Query Status Message
  • From: "Emilio Padilla" <vpadilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:19:32 -0600

How often do your user's run this Opnqryf?
If it is once a week or something, 30 seg difference is no problem(Processor
load speaking).
But, if it is use continuously, why don't you create a data path for that
opnqryf so the DBMS don't have to build a temporary data path every time.
You can do this through SQL or DDS.

The performance improvement is amazing.

p.d.  You have to be careful about cost of a new data permanent data path
Vs. a temporary one.

Emilio Padilla