  • Subject: RE: Timeslice/purge settings was: Suppress Query Status Message
  • From: Colin Williams <Williamsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:08:27 -0000

That joblog / message thing is very true, many people are not aware that
if they turn off logging for jobs on a live machine, they can see a huge
increase in performance. I used to always ensure that logging was
switched off for users, by having separate job descriptions for users
and development staff (who get really peeved when they can't press F9 to
retrieve the previous command). The job log only tends to get looked at
when something goes wrong, so I think it logging should be only switched
on where it is appropriate.