Michael,

Be advised that before installing V4R3 over V3R7, each machine must have:

        a)      At least 64MB main memory
        b)   At least 540 MB free disk space in system ASP
        c)   LIC extension PTF's perm applied.

You should have these PTF's on CD, (shipped with V4R3 software), labeled
'Pre-Install PTF's for V4R3', or something like that.  The actual PTF's are
MF14115, MF15668 and SF43785.  These PTF's, (among other things), extends
the space used by SLIC.

Similar PTF's were required before going to V3R2, which subsequently
brought SETDSKCLN into play.  No SETDSKCLN is required here though.

Also, read the PSP info for V4R3 before installing.  Pay particular
attention to item 1 in General information.  I have seen this happen on
more than 1 occasion, and having to run a x-ref file rebuild in the middle
of an install is not that much fun.

Also, if you are using Object/Connect, (which if you have 16 AS/400's
talking to each other, you certainly should look at it for object
distribution), then there is a V4R3 PTF that is not mentioned in the PSP
info,  it is SF48291.  (I don't think this is on a cum yet).

Also, a couple of PTF's that fix problems in CHGJOB command.  SF52624 and
SF52804.

Finally, if you have/use R/DARS, (now known as On Demand), there is a
complex conversion process that you need to go through whenever you upgrade
RDARS/On Demand to V4R2 or higher.  This also has a whole buch of PTF's,
not on a cum.

Neil

At 06:35 PM 1/25/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks in advance for the help.
>
>We are going to be upgrading 16 400's from V3r7 to V4R3 and I had a few
>questions:
>
>1) Are there any big gotchas/bugs/problems?
>
>2) Given that we have the same LIC on all machines are there any cons to
>doing the full installation  on the first AS/400, then running a full save
>on that machine, and then slip install V4R3 from that tape(or duplicates of
>that tape)  onto the other machines?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Michael
>

>+---
>| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
>+---

Neil Clark
Barsa Consulting, LLC
Tel: (914) 251-9400  Fax: (914) 251-9406

http://www.barsaconsulting.com