UNREAL !!!

Thank you SO MUCH for this information Neil - it is what I was looking for to
truly understand this thing...

I had been initializing tapes as 2GB (that is what the device DEFAULTS to...)...

I saved a library on a tape initialized at 2GB and it took 17 minutes.

I reinitialized the tape to 5GB and did the save again and it took 2 minutes
!!!!!!

While this isn't TOTALLY scientific, it is pretty close - the system I am doing
this on is not "live" yet and everyone was at lunch with NOTHING running in
batch
of anything...

You are a LIFESAVER Neil !!!

Thanks,