  • Subject: RE: Question on Tape Density, etc...
  • From: Neil Palmer <NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:40:28 -0400

The 9427 can store 7/14GB per tape - requiring the 160 meter length
tapes and using *FMT7GB.
Using 112m tapes the density is *FMT5GB - actually same density as
*FMT7GB but a shorter tape.
For backwards compatibility you can use the *FMT2GB, which will store
2.3GB (or 2.5 - depensing on who you believe) on a 112m tape (not on
160m tapes).
You should not use *FMT2GB unless you need backwards compatibility, as
you will cut the data transfer rate in half and increase the time
required for backup.

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 731-9202          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server