Thank you for the advice and assistance, From all responses it would appear that
backing up before (x2) and restoring after is definitely the way to go.

Subject:    RE: F35 - Y2K
Author: <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com >
Date:       8/12/98 6:43 PM

No direct experience, but a few suggestions.

As an alternate to changing the system date (or maybe a first step
before a full scale test) you may want to check out one of the date
simulators available that can return a different system date to your
jobs.  There is one called Simdate you can buy (it was mentioned on this
list previously, but I've lost the contact information), and there was
one offered for free on this list recently (again, don't have the
original message, but the person offering the free DATEVM date
simulation code was TVS Murthy at tvsm@netdoor.com ).

If (when) you go the full blown 'change the real system date' test I
would strongly advise TWO system backups (you never know when the
dreaded 'Media Error on device TAPxx' message will appear during a
restore).
You could save yourself some time here by doing SAVSTG and then the
RSTSTG.  Should be MUCH quicker than a normal save of the entire system
followed by a complete scratch reload.  Of course, you won't be able to
restore individual files from the backup.

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com