  • Subject: Re: Changing System Value QCRTAUT To *USE
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 18:33:36 -0700

Mike Shaw wrote:

> We just received the *official* findings of an audit that was done in June
> of this year on our Model 530 AS/400.  In his findings, the auditor is
> wanting the system value QCRTAUT changed from *CHANGE to *USE....
>
> According to Al Barsa's COMMON handout on system values, the CRTAUT
> parameter for the libraries QSYS and QGPL should be changed to *CHANGE
> before changing the system value.  Are there any other IBM supplied 'Q'
> libraries that I should be concerned about changing as well???

Mike,

I have recent experience in changing QCRTAUT to *EXCLUDE, and with two notable
exceptions it has been a breeze.

The exceptions are device creation and message queue creation.  Because both
QSYS
and QUSRSYS have been changed to *EXCLUDE, we have to manually authorize folks
newly created device descriptions and their associated message queue's.  This is
not a big problem as there is the system has Authoroization Lists for both of
these object types.  We just have to remember to add newly created Device and
Message queue's to the list.

hth,

jte

--
John Earl
PowerTech Toolworks

Riley Nichole Earl, Born 7/6/98 - 8lb 11oz.  Already an AS/400 fan!