• Subject: Re: CODE/400
  • From: Booth Martin <boothm@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 13:08:42 -0500

Chris Rehm wrote:

> ** Reply to note from Buck Calabro <mcalabro@commsoft.net> Thu, 26 Feb 1998
>10:22:21 -0500
> >  - Multiple windows (one in the current C spec area, one in the I or D
> > one in my subroutines, etc. etc.) - move from one to another simply - even
> > the data definitions while editing the calcs.
> >           Multiple sessions... cut and paste.
> Limited to the size of your screen, awkward.

Those extra sessions  only let you browse other sections of the same program as
opposed to
editing the same program in three different windows.

> >  - View only lines that reference a specific field
> >          F16=Find
> Yes, this is almost as useful. Almost as easy to work with, and now that I
> have worked with SEU for a millenium I am really handy with it.

F16 doesn't drop out the lines that _don't_ contain the chosen field; it is
nice to see/edit
only the lines that include the search word.

> > 10. What about editing code out at client sites.  Wouldn't you have to use
> >       SEU out there?
> >           (Well, yes)

All AS/400s have the machine-side piece.  It just needs STRCODE.  So, with
Code/400 on your
office machine or laptop, every one of your clients already has Code/400 and
it's benefits.